The Responsible Procurement Code provides organisations with an independent audit and certification for sustainability in procurement policies and practices and how these are embedded in an organisation. LRS developed this tool to help organisations respond to their sustainability commitments and clients’ requirements for evidencing good procurement practices, which recognise and attempt to lessen social, environmental and economic impacts of doing business.
LRS provides technical and strategic consultancy services to help organisations improve their resource efficiency to meet their financial and sustainability goals. The LRS team uses its expertise to guide clients through the following core areas:
• Sustainable supply chains
• Sustainable procurement
• Product stewardship, producer responsibility and the circular economy
• Behaviour change and stakeholder engagement
• Waste treatment and technology and commercial market due diligence
• Waste and recycling collections and modelling, resources management and materials quality